Problem: I see "TM1 -" instead of "TM1 +"
If you cannot open (expand into) TM1 using the server explorer here are some tips:
1. The TM1 Service is not running.
If nobody is able to login to TM1 from theur machines, it is possible that either the TM1 service is not running, or there is a network issue.
If the server or TM1 runs into an issue that cannot be recovered from then it is most likely that the TM1 service will stop. This results in TM1 becoming unavailable.
If you have access to the admin server where TM1 is located, then take a look at the services that are running. IBM Related services all have a name starting with "IBM.."
You would see a service named: "IBM Cognos Analytic Server - ***" where the *** is the name of your TM1 model.
Check the Status column, does this show that the service is Running?
You can try to right-click and select 'Start' providing that the issue that caused it to stop does not occur again, TM1 will start. Please note that some TM1 services take quite some time to start. They may report 'Running' in the Status column, however TM1 will need to work through it's startup.
2. Has the Admin Host been entered correctly?
If the access to TM1 is a problem for one user (possibly a new user)
This issue usually indicates that the TM1 client cannot access the server.
In the Server Explorer, under File - Options please ensure the name of your TM1 server is entered as the admin host. This may need to be a fully qualified domain name, or perhaps the IP adrdress can be used. This can be identified if you have another client PC that is working.
3. The client PC cannot reach the TM1 admin server.
One way to test this is to open a Command Window (Start - CMD) and then ping the admin host. (e.g. 'ping myserver.mycompany.local' or 'ping 192.168.56.7')
You should receive regular replies from the server showing that access is possible.
4. For Planning Analytics Versions the Docker container must be considered.
Useful Docker Commands (Windows via PowerShell)
- Start.ps1 (launching admin tool)
- .\scripts\paw.ps1 start
- .\scripts\paw.ps1 stop
- .\scripts\paw.ps1 ps (checking services)
- (removing all containers)
- .\scripts\restore.ps1 (will obviously overwrite data)
- docker stats
- docker version
- diskmgmt (check virtual disks are mounted)
- docker inspect <container name>
- docker rm <container name>
- docker rm $(docker ps-a –q)
5. If you have not used TM1 for a while, it may be that the SSL Certificates need to be updated.
This was a requirement back in 2017, however we do still have issue at some stages with PCs or servers that have not had the new certificates applied.
We can provide you with the new certificates and instructions on how to install them.
Raise a ticket with us for help here.