When installing a new client software (Perspectives/Excelerator) that latest certificates must be installed.
Without the latest certificates, it will appear that TM1 is not available:
Please refer to below for details:
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
Mindfull can provide these files if required, make a request for this by raising a ticket with us here.
- Stop all IBM Cognos TM1 Services in the environment you are updating
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to <tm1_install_dir>\tm1_64\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder <tm1_install_dir\tm1_64\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
- After all files have been copied successfully, navigate to <tm1_install_dir>\tm1_64\bin64\ssl\
- Execute the uninstallSSL.bat file, to uninstall old keys from the Windows Keystore
- Execute the importsslcert.exe file, to install the new keys in to the Windows Keystore
- Open and run Windows Command Prompt as an Administrator. Navigate to <tm1_install_dir>\tm1_64\bin64\jre\7.0\bin . Execute the following command:
(The IBM® Cognos® TM1® Operations Console requires a certificate in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) keystore. Run the Java keytool command to import the certificate into the keystore. On 64-bit computers, be sure to add the certificates to the bin64 folder.)
- keytool -delete -alias applixca -keystore ..\lib\security\cacerts -storepass changeit
- keytool -keystore ..\lib\security\cacerts -alias applixca -import -file "<tm1_install_dir>\bin64\ssl\applixca.der" -storepass changeit -noprompt
Certificate was added to keystore
*Note that your JRE location or password may have been changed during your installation and configuration. If the above does not work you will want to consult with whomever may have performed the installation and configuration of your environment.
When SSL is enabled for IBM Cognos TM1, you must configure the Performance Management Hub (PMHub) to enable IBM Cognos Analysis for Excel (CAFE) and IBM Cognos TM1 Operations Console to communicate with Cognos TM1.
- Navigate to <tm1_install_dir>\bin64\ and open/edit the service_pmpsvc.bat file (BIN FOLDER OR bin 64)
- Find the line beginning with 'set BASE_JVM_OPTIONS'
- Append the following to the end of the string: ;-Dcom.ibm.cognos.tm1.certificate.dir=%PMPSVC_ROOT%\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\bin64
***Use %PMPSVC_ROOT% as is, you are not expected to modify this variable as it sets itself via the batch script. Do not forget the semi-colon at the beginning of the string.
- Save your changes and close the open service_pmpsvc.bat file
- service_pmpsvc stop
- service_pmpsvc uninstall
- service_pmpsvc install
Cognos TM1 Applications
Cognos TM1 Applications configuration files
Client settings are stored in the pmpsvc_config.xml file.
Server settings are stored in the fpmsvc_config.xml file.
- Start your IBM Cognos TM1 Services