QUBEdocs documentation can be generated through a TurboIntegrator process within TM1 / ICAS. Because of this, standard chore functionality can be used to schedule regular QUBEdocs updates.
For the chore to be scheduled successfully, a valid connection must be setup within the QUBEdocs Generator application.
Next, create and schedule the chore(s):
- Determine how regularly QUBEdocs should be run (daily, weekly, monthly etc.).
- Create a new chore which executes only the “QUBEdocs Update” process:
- Right click “Chores” and select Create New Chore.
- From the list of processes in the window on the left, select the process “QUBEdocs Update” and move it to the window on the right by clicking the arrow pointing to the right.
- Specify the parameters by clicking Specify Parameter values:
- Ensure that “Y” is set for first two parameters, that the QUBEdocs server name and a valid connection name (set-up via the QUBEdocs Manager interface) is specified. Note that the “Clear Stats after update” option is optional – It is used to clear out the performance stats cubes so that a new set of stats are collected. It is useful to set this to yes so that the stats can be compared based on similar time intervals.
- Click OK.
3. Click Next.
4. In the “Schedule the Chore” window, enter the appropriate details:
a. A start date for the chore to activate;
b. How often the chore should be run; and
c. At what time the chore should run.
5. Ensure the checkbox next to “Activate Chore” is checked.
6. Click Finish.
7. Repeat these steps to setup chores on other Cognos TM1 servers to either output the required data in preparation for the documentation or to generate the actual documentation if configuring the server with the QUBEdocs Generator application on it.
Note: When setting up multiple chores on the server that has the QUBEdocs Generator application installed, ensure that you have allowed enough time between chores to successfully generate the documentation. We recommend allowing at least 10 minutes between chore schedules.
In addition to being able to generate the documentation from within Cognos TM1, QUBEdocs also supports a web service that can be executed to generate the documentation, either in the browser or from a command line interface. This is primarily used by the “QUBEdocs Update” process to generate the documentation from within IBM Cognos TM1. However, it can also be used outside of this. The details around the API call are as follows.
The following syntax can be used to generate a documentation version for a given connection.
For example, the following API call will generate the documentation for the “QUBEdocs_Dev” connection on the “demo.qd.local” server.
To execute this from within a batch script or via the command line you would append “cmd /c /start” to the beginning of the api call.
This would lead to the following command:
To launch the QUBEdocs documentation, navigate to the following directory: