Download the software based on the instructions in your license email.
STEP 2: Prepare for the installation
Upgrade Note: When upgrading from QUBEdocs 3.x to QUBEdocs 4.x, we recommend that you uninstall your current version (through windows add/remove a program) before completing the rest of these steps. This will remove a memory limitation that was present in older versions. You will not lose any connections / models / snapshots as they are stored in the MS SQL Database and it is unaffected in the upgrade.
Ensure that the following prerequisites are met / information is available before installing QUBEdocs:
- Minimum requirement: 6GB available RAM, 2 cores, 10GB+ HD space for database and install files
- IIS is installed on the server and the IIS features as documented here are activated.
- An SQL Server Database is required for QUBEdocs. SQL Express is however bundled with the install files and can be used if a database server is not available. Note that:
- Systems Administrator access to the database server is required during the install
- If DB Creator access is not going to be available during the installation contact email@example.com for a procedure for creating the QUBEdocs DB and user manually or manually create the database and user yourself, the user will require DB_Owner access.
- The SQL Server name, database name, port number and credentials are required during the installation (if not using the bundled SQL Server Express version).
- we officially support all versions of SQL Server which have not reached their End of Life. Older versions may still work, but support options may be limited. As of now, the oldest version supported by Microsoft is SQL Server 2014 (SP3)
- A domain account is required to successfully configure QUBEdocs. This account needs read access to the TM1 / Planning Analytics database and configuration directories.
- (Optional) If you would like to use Windows Authentication with your SQL Server Instance, you will need to give this user a login and DB Owner access to the QUBEdocs Database or DB_Creator.
- The serial number and organization name as they appear in the licensing email will need to be entered while the software is being installed.
- If internet connectivity is not available during the install, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a time limited serial number that will enable the installation of the software.
For more information please consult the Installation and Configuration article here.
STEP 3: Install the Software
To install the software:
- Unzip the software downloaded in step 1 and run the exe file as an administrator
- Deselect the bundled SQL database if not required and install the .NET prerequisite if missing
- Enter organization name and serial number when prompted
- Enter the service account (remember that the format is <domain>\<username>).
- Go to http://localhost/QUBEdocs/#/setup to continue the setup.
STEP 4: Configuring the Software
The following steps should be completed before launching QUBEdocs for the first the time.
Open the URL http://localhost/QUBEdocs/#/setup
You should be brought to the following screen:
From here you are able to configure your database settings
If you choose to install QUBEdocs with the bundled copy of SQL Express, you should select SQL Authentication from the dropdown and leave the defaults as they are.
Otherwise choose how you would like to connect (SQL or Windows Authentication) and the name of the server you are connecting too.
Note: You can find these details located in the web.config.back file of any previous installations
QUBEdocs is running the necessary migrations against your database.
Important step for anyone upgrading from a previous version of QUBEdocs: Please copy the Salt and Password from your web.config.back. If you do not, you will need to reenter the password attached to all of your connections.
We recommend that you turn Authentication on, you will automatically be added to the qubedocsManager profile and can then configure other user accounts at a later date.
These settings configure some of the folders that QUBEdocs needs to operate, for most people the defaults will not need to change.
...And you're done, you should now be able to continue on to the connections page to setup your first connection. You can always come back to this setup wizard if you need to change anything by going to the url above.
Video to come.
For more information about installing or configuring QUBEdocs consult the QUBEdocs Help Center. For support enquires contact email@example.com.