In order to restart your TM1/Cognos services, you must have access to the services on the server. We login remotely to the server using a Remote Desktop Session.
Open Services (run Services.msc)
The services you have will depend on:
- The products installed.
- The product version installed.
- The Database used as a content store
Shutting down services:
1. If Cognos BI is installed: Stop the IBM Cognos Service.
2. SaveData in TM1 (Right click on the model and click 'Save Data'). This step is not necessary on versions greater than 9.5 , however it is still a good idea so that these steps remain clear.
3. Stop the TM1 Service for your model. This should be named something like:
IBM Cognos TM1 Server - CXMD (CXMD is the default model name in Cognos Express, this may be specific to your model)
4. Stop the: [TM1 Admin Server x64]
5. The content store can at this point also be stopped. This may be informix or SQL. However this is not normally required.
If possible, just restart the entire server at this point. The TM1 services are normally set to start automatically and will come back my themselves.
If you would prefer not to restart the entire server, then the services can be brought up in reverse order of shutdown.
1. Ensure the Content Store is running (Informix/SQL Server/DB2)
2. Start the IBM Cognos Service (If Cognos BI is installed)
3. Start the TM1 Admin Server
4. Start the server for the model (CXMD or model name)
Be aware that TM1 can take a long time to start depending on the size of the model and number of feeders that need to be processed. (Some models can take a couple of hours to start)