QUBEdocs provides valuable software upgrade support throughout the project life cycle. Here are some ways that it can help with upgrade activities.
In the planning stages QUBEdocs will help you:
- Understand the complexity and data flows of the models before the upgrade so that the upgrade effort can be assessed
- Identify areas of the model / applications that will need to be tested during the implementation phase
- Record a snapshot (benchmark) of the model before the upgrade. Note that you will want to ensure that the performance monitor is turned on so that the appropriate performance stats / benchmarks are captured.
During implementation, QUBEdocs will provide you with:
- Comparisons against the baseline E.g. checking whether memory stats by model have changed materially etc.
- Documentation / tracking of changes that have been made in support of the upgrade
- Trouble-shooting and root cause analysis capability of issues logged during the testing phase
When it is time to move throughout the environments QUBEdocs will also help to:
- Package up changes so that they can be recreated in another environment
- Compare that the required changes have been deployed successfully between environments
- Troubleshooting post-migration issues and compare against benchmarks